Whilst the focus of this project is very much upon the legislation of England and Wales, the Imperial contexts of British law are also of great importance. Hence, this collection of legal materials relating to territories conquered and colonised by the British.
In the main these texts are statutes; but I have also added a bibliography of manuals for Justices of the Peace, handy guides to the practice of law at the local level, and links to bibliographies of the State Trials, old and new.
These pages are in the main Zotero bibliographies compiling digitized volumes of statutes from around the world. In other cases, it is a collection of links to other available sources, often official websites of legal institutions.
In future, I may add non-English language, and non-Common Law sources. But this is not a priority right now.
- British and Irish
- A Collection of the Public General Statutes, 1837-1869
- Butterworths, 1807-1841
- Ireland to 1800
- Justices of the Peace Manuals
- Pickering’s Statutes At Large, Magna Charta to 1806
- Public General Statutes, 1870-1878
- Raithby, et al., Statutes of the U.K. 1801 – 1829
- Ruffhead’s Statutes At Large, Magna Charta to 1763.
- State Trials
- Statutes of the Realm, 1101 to 1713